When you are forgotten.


For the words, that come in grief;
are the only ones that'll help you rest in peace.

I never knew it would come to this,
for you to be my friend, my only wish;
I cannot say I'm not at fault,
but I wish you hadn't ticked me off.

What you used to say, 
What you used to do;
Never forgetting to make sure
that I was there with you.

Now its lost, life's so forlorn,
For giving you my all left me just alone.
What I said, what I did would not suffice
While time ran by turning you to ice.

Its so cold that I cannot think
Of warmth or of any memories;
Its been a long time, since that day
I'd asked you that question on the internet.

All I'd asked was for a day,
A day you forgot, led me astray;
Naive as the accusation was,
I saw that anger was all I'd got.

I now not ask sweet nothings,
I ask for you to think and see.
Why is it that you feel,
that I'm a mere wretched misery?

A joy of meeting was forgotten,
Rhetoric it was, when I was asked later
if I was even excited to be called 
for a day of joy, an afternoon delight.

No! Not the drug my delightful friends,
The prize at stake was nothing but
The joyous company in the midst,
of the monsoon clad July.

How often have I remembered
the calls, the beckons, the messages?
Many a times! I see, to make you forget;
and think I was anxious to be excluded.

What happens now, Old friend of mine?
What happens now to the pillar of life?
What goes on within life is merely,
A game of The Price Is Right?

Quote your emotions, if it matches
You take all thats to be won.
You miss the spot with a guess,
and you head home a loser.

A million chances, I've come to give,
Fragile now, I've become.
anything more I'm afraid.
This heart cannot bear.

Keep in mind, these words;
For they are not to scare you away,
They are to show what you're worth;
A silent tear and an eternal embrace.

Comments

GomZ said…
This is awesome :-/
Test comment
Utkarsha Kotian said…
Fiction or fact?

Poetrywise.....whoa!!! :D
U've stumped me again!

Idea wise...I am confused...what did happen actuaaly? -_-

Btw...I am happy that you are back to posting something here atleast!
GomZ said…
Fiction a lill fact a lill =)
I'll tell you when we talk =)
Thanks for the compliments :)
I wanna write more and more =)

Well yes, holidays have made me jobless.
Jobless me = posting a lot :P
Unknown said…
"For they are not to scare you away,
They are to show what you're worth;
A silent tear and an eternal embrace"

nice..
Nikita said…
"Its so cold that I cannot think
Of warmth or of any memories;
Its been a long time, since that day"

Like I said before, I related too much to the poem, and I've probably lived these moments more than I can count.

It's effin' annoying, that, but writing poems makes you feel better already, doesn't it? :)
GomZ said…
It leaves you with empty.
Empty >> feeling miserable :)

Popular Posts