The lonesome traveller














Like the oasis in a desert,
A luxury hidden, my mere necessity.

Abandoned it stayed, when I moved on.

Many a days later, I now look back.
Parched throat, lets me not talk;
Walking further,
the luxury hidden;is now a luxury lost.


Threw away what was mine,
for hopes of a greater heaven.
I now walk ahead,
Halfway there, Halfway away.
Caught in the sandstorm.
Dust in my eyes.
Vultures up above.


Value not your immediate want;
Far away, beyond the dunes of sand,
Might lie the goal you seek.

But for once, search your soul;
if its worth taking the chance.
Recall not the pleasures awaiting,
but the present existence,
Seemingly lack-lustre and old.

Hold onto your thoughts, before
they race the entire desert in a wasted instant.
Reach for the better life,
The spirits told me to move.
I raced ahead, not thinking for seconds few.


Realisation dawns later, like a sleepy child,
Feigning ignorance, yet profoundly truthful.

Hear me now, meek as I may sound.
From a parched throat, the truth resounds.

Reach out to embrace the truth.
The truth, a hidden luxury; my mere necessity.

Comments

sudhamshu mitra said…
supaar bro :D nice one!
GomZ said…
@ a..
Who are you? :D
thanks btw :)
Utkarsha Kotian said…
Acha hain acha hain... :D

Popular Posts