A mere pawn!


A test of faith;
it is to me.
An enduring will
to be set free.

The day I took birth:
Mark my words!
A blast indeed,
was planned for me.

Not knowing when,
Not knowing how,
A little child came,
to be a terrorist.

They promised me heaven,
pushed me to the brink;
A wager for a better life
I had seemed to think.

Dreams of war,
Dreams of fights,
pushed me to the
depths of fright!

Time passes by,

I stand ready now!
I'm off to kill,
to make my life better
by the Almighty's will.

I ravage the streets,
I am the terrorist,
Frightened people running
waiting to be killed.

But Alas!

The Lord has betrayed me,
for now I'm caught!
Unprotected I kneel;
Justice to be brought!

"Bring me to life!",
Here I scream
This wasn't supposed to happen
Or was it meant to be?

Languishing, writhing in pain;
Now all they know is my name.
"Fools!", I scream, "Listen to me
and my life's misery!".

A lie to be told,
to gain another soldier.
A forgotten promise
and a lost wager.

The Lord knows ,
I was misled
To fight a fight
and finally be dead.

A fool I was;
A gamble lost.
I await now
to meet my God.

Before I leave
I say to you,
"I'm a mere pawn,
who is going down".

I seek respite,
I seek empathy,
I seek refuge,
I seek forgiveness.

"Take me, Oh Lord
into your sweet arms!
For life is wicked
I wish to be gone!"

"I wish to be gone!"



My entry for the poetry recitation contest at PANDORA - 2010 :)

Comments

Popular Posts