To be known as no-one again

I see faint lights.
I see the dark.
Its almost surreal.
Seen it before.


Or have I?


Gasping for breath,
While I choke,
On grief unfettered 
by the good times of yore.


Is it true?
Have I been here.
Waiting for a call,
from the lonely lark.


Why can't I remember?
Or did I just forget?
That the source of all sorrow,
is the mistakes we tend to forget.



Is it true?
That there is life in heaven.
A silver lining to our souls.
to take away all our pains


Why can't I remember?
That despite our best,
we commit the worst.
Hoping for forgiveness.


Blame it on the world
For they, can't just leave us.
Leave us, in peace.
To walk by unnoticed.
and to whisper into the wind.


A lotus has it easy,
its beauty enthralling.
A hope for beauty,
from within the beast.

Why can't I remember?
Every time I hope, I crash;
to realize
rarely does joy blossom

in these murky waters.


Why can't I remember?
The days of peace,
The world left alone,
To rejoice in the past.


Is it too late?
I wish to walk back.
Two years ago,

to where I was.


To disappear, 
into the dust;
Swept far away,
by a friendly gust.


Its too much to ask for.
Or is it?
To find my peace.
Rest alone on the warm sands,
as the water trickles through my toes.


"How far is it,
My traveller friend.
to reach the gates of anonymity.
To be known as no-one again."

Comments

Popular Posts